Abraham M. Emond
Abraham's primary responsibility is acquisition, publication, and management of airborne electromagnetic and magnetic data under the AGGMI and SCM programs.
Position:Geophysicist, Mineral Resources
Address:3354 College Road Fairbanks, AK 99709-3707
Education and/or Training
M.Sc. 2007, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT: Geophysics
B.Sc. 1999, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO: Geophysics
Projects and/or Research Interests
I am responsible for the distribution, promotion, publication, and archiving of the DGGS geophysical data collection. These data are critical to Alaska's resource exploration, transportation, and environmental stakeholders. I also manage the acquisition of new geophysical data for the benefit of the State of Alaska. Our data collection primarily contains high quality airborne magnetic, electromagnetic, and radiometric data.
Prior to joining DGGS I worked as a geophysicist for Rio Tinto and various junior exploration companies.
I am experienced with multiple commodities including copper, gold, silver, iron ore, and coal. Magnetotellurics, electromagnetics, induced polarization, gravity, radiometrics, and magnetics are geophysical methods I am experienced with. I am familiar with the oil exploration process and techniques including sequence stratigraphy. Prior to receiving my master's degree, I acquired significant experience in unexploded ordnance detection using ground-based and airborne geophysics. I have a strong geologic background and enjoy working with geologists on multidisciplinary interpretations and explaining the limitations and applicability of specific geophysical methods.
2014-date, Geophysicist, State of Alaska, Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys, Fairbanks, AK
2009-2014, Geophysicist, Independent Consultant, Salt Lake City, UT
2007-2009, Geophysicist, Rio Tinto, Salt Lake City, UT
2004-2007, Geophysicist (part-time), Battelle, Salt Lake City, UT
2006, Geoscience Intern, BP, Houston, TX
2002-2004, Geophysicist, Oak Ridge National Lab, Oak Ridge, TN
2000-2002, Geophysicist, Parsons, Denver, CO
- Emond, A.M., Saltus, R.W., Graham, Gina, and Goldak Airborne Surveys, 2015, Airborne magnetic geophysical survey of the Tanacross region, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Geophysical Report 2015-6. http://doi.org/10.14509/29514
- Emond, A.M., CGG, Burns, L.E., Graham, G.R.C., and CGG Land (US) Inc., 2015, Tok electromagnetic and magnetic airborne geophysical survey data compilation: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Geophysical Report 2015-2. http://doi.org/10.14509/29347
- Emond, A.M., CGG, Burns, L.E., Graham, G.R.C., and CGG Land (US) Inc., 2015, Tonsina electromagnetic and magnetic airborne geophysical survey data compilation: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Geophysical Report 2015-1. http://doi.org/10.14509/29169
- Burns, L.E., Geoterrex-Dighem, WGM, Inc., Emond, A.M., and Graham, G.R.C., 2014, Iron Creek airborne electromagnetic and magnetic geophysical survey data compilation: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Geophysical Report 2014-6. http://doi.org/10.14509/27360
- Emond, A.M., Sicard, K.R., Jones, J.V., Saltus, R.W., Wypych, Alicja, and Twelker, Evan, 2015, Geophysical and geological investigations of the Tanacross region, Alaska (presentation): Alaska Miners Association Annual Convention, November 1-7, 2015: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys , 46 p. http://doi.org/10.14509/29524
- Emond, A.M., Burns, L.E., and Graham, G.R.C., 2014, DGGS Airborne Geophysical data, Applications, Insights, and Updates: Fall 2014 (presentation): Alaska Miners Association Annual Conference, November 3-7, 2014: Anchorage, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys , 36 p. http://doi.org/10.14509/29147