DGGS PIR 2016-1
Title:Petroleum-related geologic studies in lower Cook Inlet during 2015, Iniskin-Tuxedni region, south-central Alaska
Authors:Herriott, T.M., ed.
Publication Date:Jan 2016
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Keyword(s):Bruin Bay Fault; Channel; Chinitna Bay; Chinitna Formation; Chisik Island; Cook Inlet; Cook Inlet Basin; Deep Water; Depositional Environment; Early Jurassic; Energy Resources; Forearc Basin; Geology; Horn Mountains; Jurassic; Kimmeridgian; Late Triassic; Marine Sedimentation; Mesozoic; Middle Jurassic; Naknek Formation; Oil and Gas; Paleochannel; Paveloff Siltstone Member; Petroleum; Pomeroy Arkose Member; Red Glacier Formation; Sedimentary; Sedimentary Rocks; Slope; Snug Harbor Siltstone Member; STATEMAP Project; Stratigraphy; Tuxedni Bay
Herriott, T.M., ed., 2016, Petroleum-related geologic studies in lower Cook Inlet during 2015, Iniskin-Tuxedni region, south-central Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Preliminary Interpretive Report 2016-1, 78 p. http://doi.org/10.14509/29532
- pir2016_001.pdf (52.0 M)
- PIR 2016-1-1Herriott, T.M., 2016, Introduction to petroleum-related geologic studies in lower Cook Inlet during 2015, Iniskin-Tuxedni region, south-central Alaska, p. 1-8.
- PIR 2016-1-2LePain, D.L., Stanley, R.G., and Helmold, K.P., 2016, Nonmarine facies in the Late Triassic(?) to Early Jurassic Horn Mountain Tuff Member of the Talkeetna Formation, Horn Mountain, lower Cook Inlet basin, Alaska, p. 9-20.
- PIR 2016-1-3LePain, D.L., Stanley, R.G., and Helmold, K.P., 2016, Reconnaissance stratigraphy of the Red Glacier Formation (Middle Jurassic) near Hungryman Creek, Cook Inlet basin, Alaska, p. 21-31.
- PIR 2016-1-4Helmold, K.P., LePain, D.L., and Stanley, R.G., 2016, Sedimentary petrology and reservoir quality of the Middle Jurassic Red Glacier Formation, Cook Inlet forearc basin: Initial impressions, p. 33-37.
- PIR 2016-1-5Herriott, T.M., Wartes, M.A., Decker, P.L., and Harun, N.T., 2016, Preliminary stratigraphic architecture of the Middle Jurassic Paveloff Siltstone Member, Chinitna Formation, Tuxedni Bay area, Cook Inlet, Alaska, p. 39-44.
- PIR 2016-1-6Herriott, T.M., Wartes, M.A., and Decker, P.L., 2016, Record of a Late Jurassic deep-water canyon at Chisik Island, south-central Alaska: Further delineation of Naknek Formation depositional systems in lower Cook Inlet, p. 45-49.
- PIR 2016-1-7Gillis, R.J., 2016, Discovery of a new sandstone with residual oil in Maastrichtian(?) strata at Shelter Creek, lower Cook Inlet, Alaska, p. 51-58.
- PIR 2016-1-8Wartes, M.A., Gillis, R.J., and Harun, N.T., 2016, Revised mapping of the Upper Jurassic Naknek Formation in a footwall syncline associated with the Bruin Bay fault system, Chinitna Bay region, western Cook Inlet, Alaska, p. 59-66.
- PIR 2016-1-9Rosenthal, J.L., Betka, P.M., Gillis, R.J., and Nadin, Elisabeth, 2016, Fracture intensity in the Paveloff Siltstone Member (Chinitna Formation) and Pomeroy Arkose Member (Naknek Formation), Iniskin Peninsula, Alaska: Implications for hydrocarbon migration in Cook Inlet basin, p. 67-72.
- PIR 2016-1-10Betka, P.M., and Gillis, R.J., 2016, Observations on the Bruin Bay fault system between Chinitna and Tuxedni bays, Cook Inlet, Alaska, p. 73-78.